15.06.2013

What is Arduino ?

What is Arduino ?

Arduino is an open source electronic platform. It means that you don't need to pay for anything without the Arduino board and you can find a lot of articles and sources about it. All circuit schemas and pcb files can find them on the Internet so if you want you can make it in your house, you should know that it’s possible. In additionally you don't need an extra compiler circuit for Arduino because it comes with in Arduino ( PIC users can understand what I mean :) ) that is why you can install your embedded program to run it on Arduino via its USB port. Only one click is enough to do everything. That is all and it is pretty easy. 

There are a lot of kinds of Arduino boards so you can pick any Arduino that is available for your purpose and projects. I'm going to use Arduino Mega 2560 for my projects. It has Atmega 2560 microcontroller and there are a lot of ports such as analog I/0 port and digital I/O and serial com. ports so we are able to manage analog signals and digital signals with different ports. Moreover there are three serial (rx-tx) communication ports and I2C com. is also possible with this board too.  The most important point is its libraries. I think this is the biggest criterion for all languages because if the programming language has a a lot of libs. it means you can move faster with it on your projects. You can find a lot of libs. for lots of different electronic component so you don't need to fight with complex tons of code lines just follow these steps 1- buy an electronic component for example fingerprint reader, 2- find the library, 3- add it to your sketch and 4- use it in your project easily. Arduino programming language is also really easy to understand, it is user friendly :) I can guarantee that and I have to say one more good thing about Arduino. It has a lot of shields that is kind of electronic circuit such as a shield for sensors, motor driver shield or network shield that is to connect your Arduino to the Internet or any network so when you make a project if you need to a shield you can attach the shield on Arduino board simply. 

If you want to learn more information about Arduino you can visit the web site.  http://www.arduino.cc/

If you want to loot at my all Arduino projects you can visit http://technologylaboratory.blogspot.com/search/label/Arduino. They are not in English yet. I'm going to translate them too as this page so you should check it if you want to read my articles about Arduino. I recommend you my blog's Facebook page and Twitter account to follow news easly or you can add me your circle on Google plus.


These are some general features of Arduino

Arduino Mega Features:
MicrocontrollerATmega2560
Operating Voltage5V
Input Voltage (recommended)9V
Input Voltage (limits)7-18V
Digital I/O Pins54 (of which 14 provide PWM output)
Analog Input Pins16
DC Current per I/O Pin40 mA
DC Current for 3.3V Pin50 mA
Flash Memory256 KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader
SRAM8 KB
EEPROM4 KB
Clock Speed16 MHz

and this is the picture of my Arduino :)




This version of Arduino is not the small one but it is good for big projects :) I mentioned that at the beginning of this blog if we need smaller one or faster one, they are also available for Arduino users. You need a 9V. power source to use it perfectly or just you can connect it to your computer via usb port.




If you want to learn more information about Arduino you can visit the web site.  http://www.arduino.cc/

Did you see something wrong about my English ? Please let me know it and read this page. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder